Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KT61
Helper IV
Helper IV

Create a record and then add additional data

Hi, 

Could someone help, in my app, so far i can  search for a record and display in a form - (which is working, thanks to help here.),

but i wish to add information, as in work carried out to a piece of equipment, in the form

This work carried out will happen several times on the same piece of equipment.

Would also like a time stamp and record person adding data.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@KT61 

You are describing a one to many relationship. Create a new table for work with a lookup to the equipment table. Include columns for the person, Date/time, type of work, etc.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Dataverse or SharePoint?

KT61
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dataverse using powerapp through teams

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@KT61 

You are describing a one to many relationship. Create a new table for work with a lookup to the equipment table. Include columns for the person, Date/time, type of work, etc.

Thanks @Drrickryp will try that, thanks for your help

Hi, in this case, would the work table be one to many or the equipment table.

Equipment table will have the same details every time

KT61
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi, how do I link the work table and the Equipment table? I have a lookup column in work but it just displays the 1st column in equipment, which in my case is "TAG" 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Thanks @Drrickryp very good reading,

You state "All tables are connected by Primary and Foreign keys." how do I know I have done this?

I have selected "many to one"  for Works to Equipment in the properties.

I have "TAG" as the 1st column in both tables. My lookup in Works table will only let me select what is in the TAG column in the equipment table. 

The overall aim is to add works carried out to pieces of equipment and to see a history of works when I select the equipment. 

thanks 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Dataverse creates the relationship automatically.  You can use dot notation to implement it. Check out Dataverse's Northwind sample database to see how it's done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,948)