cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bayan
Regular Visitor

Create a record in Dataverse table using canvas screen data

Hi Everyone 

Below values are added by me to canvas screen and doesn't belong to any table in dataverse (its not also a form). I need to store this data upon button click in a a table I have already created called "Orders" and it contains columns: ID, Total Price, Address, Note and No cutlery.

So is there any function can be used to take this data, create a new record in that table and store the data in based on customized mapping between the labels and columns ? 

Thanks in advance

Bayan_0-1644823630050.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bayan  With Default(Orders) we can create a new record instead of that we can use First() Function to match condition data that you want to update

View solution in original post

It worked perfectly dear ! Thanks a lot 😀

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kanchankolekar
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Bayan 

You can create a new record in the table by using Patch() and SubmitForm(). If you are using form then you can use a SubmitForm(FormName) to store records in the table. On another hand, if you are using different controls to add a value to the table you can use Patch(Orders, Default(Orders),{ID: Textinput.Text, TotalPrice: Textinput.Text}) In this way.

Hope this is helpful for you 

Thank you

@kanchankolekar Hi 
Thank u for your reply. but is not Default(Orders) is used on update record? I mean the documentation syntax says: Default(DataSource), while order table here is not the source of this data. am I wrong ?

Hello @Bayan  With Default(Orders) we can create a new record instead of that we can use First() Function to match condition data that you want to update

It worked perfectly dear ! Thanks a lot 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,269)