cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create a survey from one data source and export data to a new excel sheet

I have made an app using an excel sheet as my data surce, which essentially works as a survey (with drop down options from the excel sheet).

This app is to then be used by others in my organisation to fill out their daily tasks.

How would I get the data entered to export to a different excel sheet to the one I started with? Is this even possible?

Thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkg99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to store the data entered within your Survey form into another different Excel sheet?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. Firstly, you could consider add another sheet within same Excel file which contains your above Excel table data source, then format the new Excel sheet as Table format.

After that, you could re-creating a new connection to your Excel file from your app, then choose the new formatted Table as a data source within your app.

If you want to patch/save the data entered within your Survey form, I think the Patch function could achieve your needs. Please consider take a try with the following Patch formula to save your data:

Patch(
          'YourNewTable',
           Defaults('YourNewTable'),
          {
             Column1: Dropdown1.Selected.Value
             Column2: Dropdown2.Selected.Value,
             Column3: Dropdown3.Selected.Value,
          }
)

More details about the Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Are Excel sheets in the cloud like one drive?

If so, you can define another table on the file and write the data using the collect function.

If files is in local, you will need to use an on-premises data gateway, which can be complicated.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkg99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to store the data entered within your Survey form into another different Excel sheet?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. Firstly, you could consider add another sheet within same Excel file which contains your above Excel table data source, then format the new Excel sheet as Table format.

After that, you could re-creating a new connection to your Excel file from your app, then choose the new formatted Table as a data source within your app.

If you want to patch/save the data entered within your Survey form, I think the Patch function could achieve your needs. Please consider take a try with the following Patch formula to save your data:

Patch(
          'YourNewTable',
           Defaults('YourNewTable'),
          {
             Column1: Dropdown1.Selected.Value
             Column2: Dropdown2.Selected.Value,
             Column3: Dropdown3.Selected.Value,
          }
)

More details about the Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-xida-msft thank you this is exactly what I wanted!

Would it be possible to do this with a time picker?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,734)