cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a workflow forms

Hi, 

I would like to create a risk management workflow using forms that would be as follow: 

1° Firstly the forms would contain the following data: 

- The Risk ID (ideally it will fill in automatically) 

- The Requester Name (the data would be selected from the contact list fom outlook -> Is that possible?) 

- The Department (would be fill in automatically depending on the Requester Name)

- The Date of the Request (that would be fill in automatically following the today's date)

- The Description of the issue (free field with limited amount of characters)

- The Type of the Issue (Drop Down menu that would depends on the Department selected)

- The Risk Level (Drop Down menu -> Low, Medium, High) 

2°) Then the manager will receive a alert that there is a new risk to manage 

- The risks will be classify and order following the criticality (Low, Medium, High) 

The manager will enter the following data: 

- Action owner (from a drop down menu depending on the department or the type of issue selected above)

- Start date (automatically depending on the day's date)

... etc (If I can perform the two first flow I would be able to perfom all the workflow...)

Please let me know if my request was not clear enough

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

So where do you prefer to store the actual data?

To answer your questions:

• Generate the ID automatically is prefered to configure from the data source side, such as SQL Server table,
  • You could take use of the Office 365 Outlook connector with the function GetContacts to list available people, the returned body would be a string of contact object, which contains the Department,
  • Use today() or Now() to get today's date,
  • For Alert receive, you could choose either PowerApps push Notification, or through Office 365 Outlook Send Email function.

If you would like the manager to enter data back, then here we should use the PowerApps push Notification, and specify another App with the AppID, which is used to generate the manager response and send it back to the data source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding this. Actually I am using microsoft lists and connecting it to power apps for creating forms. I need the date to be picked in automatically if I enter a row. I used today() function. It properly picks that current date. But if I edit the row on a different date, the date automatically changes to the date on which I edited the data.

For example, I entered an entry(row) on 7-Oct-2021. The entry date is getting captured properly as per today() function. But when I edit the same row on 9-Oct-2021, the entry date changes to 9-Oct-2021. I want to avoid this and let the entry date be 7-Oct-2021 even if I edit the row after 5 years. Please advice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,374)