Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacsthegreat
Regular Visitor

Create an app using Power BI streaming data set as data source

Hi Guys,

Newbie here

Is there anyone here who can help me on how to connect my Power BI streaming data-set as data source in Power Apps.

The only option that i know is via POWER BI TILE. Is it possible to directly get the data to a label, text box or combo box. If it's possible, may i ask for the step by step procedure for this.

Thank you guys! This will help me with a lot of my project in the future.

5 REPLIES 5
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @tacsthegreat 

Power Apps custom visuals in Power BI

check this video by @darogael 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKLLgUhlBo

The Power BI tile cannot provide data to the Power App

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

I know its possible to integrate powerapps to power BI, however, i wanted to do the other way around and get the data from power bi to power apps like directly from the streaming dataset and not via power bi tile.

The reason for this is because i have 2 users who's gonna use the app. The first one would only be using just the power app and the other one would be using the power bi to monitor the data live.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tacsthegreat ,

Do you want to create a connection to streaming dataset in your Power BI from your canvas app?

If you want to create a connection to streaming dataset in your Power BI from your canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no function or connector supported to connect to streaming dataset in Power BI from canvas app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Well I guess there is no current way to do this for now. I guess I just have to list it to recommendations. 

Thank you @v-xida-msft 

Hi @tacsthegreat ,

Yeah, you could submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum to provide your feedback.

If this feature is released within PowerApps, I would also reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,667)