Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misa
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Create an email list from a people picker field powerapps

Hello.

I have a SP column that is a people picker.  In the PowerApps form i am using a combobox that pulls that list into the form.  The value is chosen by a column we can call Dropdown1.  When chooses an option in Dropdown1 it autopopulates a person in the combobox.  

What i am trying to do, unsuccessfully, is send an email by clicking a button that uses the value in the combobox.  The value in the combobox shows as an email addy but i keep getting an error saying, "The Run function has invalid arguments in the Sendto field.

I am using 'DisasterCRL-Sendanemailtoapprover'.Run(ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Email,"Your review has been requested",EmailtoRequestor.HtmlText) in the OnSelect property of the button.

I have also tried using the concat and the text(email) in the formula and am given the same error.

I can't figure out what where to go from here.  Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Misa
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Curious,  so what happens is that the user picks an option from a dropdown.  Based on that dropdown it populates an email address.  The email address is a People picker column.  Is it treated differently?

I have tried having a flow update a single line of text column (in the Sharepoint list) with the email address.  i have tried creating a label that shows the Combobox value and tried sending an email (both via flow and from Powerapps) without success.  All the research i have done on the internet has not helped 😞

I would like to think that im not a newbie to Powerapps  but it's starting to feel that way.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,180)