Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarieKisSlaJoue
Microsoft
Microsoft

Create app for phone, tablet and pc

Hello,

I created an app for phone with powerapps, I would know if I need to create again a new application for tablet ?

And how create an application for PC ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi good morning.

Slightly confuse of what you really want...
My approach:
- create phone apps, say A
- then, open this A, change the orientation to landscape, apply, save as B. Re arrange all the inserts to match the tablet layout. Save again.

Now, you have two exactly similar apps
- A for phone
- B for tablet
You never rewrite the codes, but just reorganize the layout.

I hope this shall be suffice.

Have a nice day.
hpkeong

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

When you first creating an app, you are prompted for either phone layout or tablet (PC, landscape) layout.

Once the app is created, say, im Phone Layout, you may then Save as into another name, and change the layout within the Studio, in Landscape mode.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day.
hpkeong

Ok I can change the landscape, but if I start in phone Layout i'm still in phone layout when i change the landscape no ?

I need to publish 2 apps for phone layout and tablet layout ?

I don't find the way to change phone layout in tablet layout

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

The layout is inside the Studio.
Ok, if you can't find it, I will try to check on my computer (later) and share the screenshot. Hope I am not wrong.

Tq
hpkeong
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Btw, when Change from Phone Layout to Landscape, definitely you need to re arrange all the properties, icon ,galleries,.... To match the screen. 😀.

However if you create in landscape and then later in phone, all your selections will be in the mesa.

So, pls take note.
hpkeong

Yeah I see the mes when I use landscape or not. My first conern is about recreate all the app just for tablet.

It's will be great if you found it

HI

My apologoes. It is from App Settings:

File.App Settings.Screen size +  Orientation.Dropdown (Portrat or Landscape).Apply (Right Bottom).

Phone Layout, Click FilePhone Layout, Click FileChoose App Settings, Screen size + Orientation - Chooses Orientation -> Apply (Right Bottom)Choose App Settings, Screen size + Orientation - Chooses Orientation -> Apply (Right Bottom)Landscape Mode - Please re-arrangeLandscape Mode - Please re-arrange

hpkeong

Ok whit your explain I can pass to landscape mode. But is not app for tablet ?

When I create a new app I have the choice with phone or tebelt layout. Your solution didn't change my phone layout in tablet layout right ?

Maybe I miss something...

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please save with another name. Be careful when saving, and I advise to save to local drive first.
hpkeong

I did, but I did'nt what is the next step to have tablet app...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,405)