cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_20
Frequent Visitor

Create checklist app with photos using SharePoint

Hi guys,

I am new to PowerApp. I am required to build a checklist app with photos using SharePoint. However, I am stuck on

1) Upload photo to the specific question onto SharePoint( 20 ++ questions means 20 ++ photos)

2) Display back the photo to the specific question.

I had watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7iqhEDCOI this is what I want to do but I am lost on the photo part.

Kindly please help. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

You can refer to the documents below to learn more about adding image control in canvas app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-add-picture

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

I also found below video from same author, where he explained how to upload the image to Sharepoint using MS Flows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-8B1fLrqs&t=109s

@rohsh354   hi thanks for the reply.

I understand how to upload image to SharePoint, however I am unable to tag to the specific question.

I.e.

Q1 --> display image A

Q2 --> display image B

Q15 --> display image N

How can i tag the specific image to that specific question when I want to display it back?

Thank you.

Hi @Christopher_20 ,

There are two ways of doing this

• Write the file name to a field the question list when you save it (full name and extension) OR
  • Write the question item ID to the photo Library item in the Flow (which is what I do but a bit more complicated then the first option)

Going with the first option, and assume you have the file name applicable in a field called PhotoFile (change to your name) in your question list. Firstly, Collect the photos (this saves Delegation warnings on what is below)

ClearCollect(
    colPhotos,
    RenameColumns(
       YourPhotosLibrary,
       "{FilenameWithExtension}",
       "FileName"
    )
)

Now put an Image control in the Gallery with this in the Image property

LookUp(
    YourPhotosLibrary,
    FileName = ThisItem.PhotoFile
).'{Thumbnail}'.Large

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thank you for the comprehensive reply. May I just confirm do you use form for question and image at the side? or do u use gallery and attach as image?

Since i also need to do live update if possible. It means that both user will see the same form with the photos updated live. Can it be done using gallery or do using form only?

Hi @Christopher_20 ,

I file all photos in Libraries and display them in Galleries. I write the ID of the List Item in the Flow to the gallery metadata in a field I call IDRef (call it whatever you want) and simply filter the Library where this equals the ID of the current list item. An example is below

P2PhotoShow.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for the reply. I do not want to display in gallery. i wan display to individual question as shown below.

ex.JPG

@Christopher_20 ,

My screen shot is of a record on the left and all related photos on the right (from a SharePoint Library).

You can also do the same thing with attachments - this post of mine (look down further) explains the process.

You just need to decide which option is best for you.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thank you for the reply. I will try out and get back to you.

Thank you!! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,597)