cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create dropdown menu fed from Common Data Model entity column

Need

Use CDM to store large lists to be used as a dropdown field in a Power App based on a SharePoint (cloud) list. 

Explanation

SharePoint list has columns Surname, Name, and Department. I want "Department" values to be entered via a dropdown menu. That dropdown menu would be populated by a CDM entity called Departments.

Reason

We currently use SharePoint lists and workflows together. Large look-up lists are VERY slow on PowerApps. We also use site columns which aren't even supported in Power Apps altogether. 

Can it be done? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
johnguilbert197
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also need this answered for a client. I would have thought you could, but maybe the binding doesn't allow. Awaiting help on this.

MarcBailey
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have this same situation.  I am trying to use the values in a SharePoint List to populate a column in a CDM entity and would like to be able to use any of the following columns from my SharePoint List (dd_Name, dd_Display_Name, dd_Description).

Any instructions or documentation that would allow this to happen???

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

Dropdown can always be generated using:

Distinct(SPLTable, FieldTItle)

In this case

Distinct(SPLTable, Department0.

- Distinct will not show repeating fields.

(ShowColumns will show repeating column). Please take note).

Hope this help.

TQ and have a nice day.

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,119)