cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JérômeD
Frequent Visitor

Create folders from powerapps

Hello,

Thanks to a barecode scanner I would like to check if a folder (bearing the name of what it will be read by the barecode) is created in a sharepoint otherwise I would like to creat it.

My sharepoint is already created and connected.

Than

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JérômeD
Frequent Visitor

I don't knwo if it's smart or not but it's maybe simpler to create folder in sharepoint and then add shortcut to onedrive ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@JérômeD You'll have to use Power Automate Flow (using the SharePoint Connector) to achieve that. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#create-new-folder

JérômeD
Frequent Visitor

On reflection I must use OneDrive for Buisness to perform my app but after checking the doc I realize that there is not option for create folder (only file).

Is this impossible ?

( the doc : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onedriveforbusiness/ )

Thanks for your help !

@JérômeD If you are trying to perform File related operations with the OneDriveForBusiness connector, unfortunately it will not help. This connector does not work as advertised. It only looks for an Excel file in your OneDrive to pull data from.

CNT_0-1622105106820.png

But this connector works as it should in Flows. So, You'll have to use Flow for that. 

JérômeD
Frequent Visitor

I'm already trying that in Flow but i don't find the option "create folder", so I don't know if it's possible.

There is only "create file".

Thanks for your help.

@JérômeD Yup, u'r right. There's no function to create folders. The next route would be to Create a custom connector using the Graph API.

JérômeD
Frequent Visitor

I don't knwo if it's smart or not but it's maybe simpler to create folder in sharepoint and then add shortcut to onedrive ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,904)