cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Create multiple data cards from one share point list

Hello everyone,

I want to create multiple data cards in PowerApps from one SharePoint List. 

For example. SharePoint List has 10 rows and colums. In the PowerApps, I want to have 3 data cards (Each card contains 3 or 4 rows and column data from SharePoint list). Should I create a canvas or model-driven app? and how do I create 3 data cards in one app?

i googled alot and watched many tutorials but couldn't find the instruction.

Thanks alot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Create multiple data cards from one share point list

@maihuynh 

I have put together a mini-tutorial for you.  This will demonstrate the method used to filter data in a table.  You can apply the same idea to your own app.

Step #1  Create a list in Sharepoint or a table in Excel called Employees that contains some people in your organization.  Each employee must have a department assigned to them.

img1.PNG

#2  In PowerApps make a connection to the Employees datasource

#3  Insert a new Data table into your PowerApp.  Add any fields you want to see in the table.

img2.png

#4 The data table will initially show all employees from every department

img3.png

#5 Create a new dropdown control called Dropdown1.  Write the code shown below in the Items property to make a list of all departments automatically.

img4.png

6#  Click on the data table and input the following code into the Items property.

img5.png

7# Now when you change the dropdown control it will filter the datatable by department.

img6.png

I think this should be very straight-forward for you to implement.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@maihuynh

DataCards belong to a form.  One form has many DataCards.  Lets say your form collects personal information.  There would be a DataCards for First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, etc.  Each DataCard contains information about only a single record.  For instance First Name could be "Timothy", Last Name could be "Smith", and phone number could be "(413) 794-4633".

Based on your question I am not certain that your understanding of a datacard is correct.  Thats OK!  You can learn it.  Suggest you watch this YouTube video for an explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4gGVunU0o

Perhaps a better way to your question would be to post a "mock-up" of your desired app as a new post and ask for design tips.  Then once you start working on the app you could come back to the forum and ask technical questions whenever necessary.  Its only a suggestion but I think it would be a good approach.  Smiley Very Happy

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

DEMO.png

@mdevaney I'm sorry for the confusion. Like the picture above. I have a Sharepoint List with 11 rows. Now, I wanna create an app in PowerApp that contains all information in the Sharepoint List, but data will be splitted in 3 screens (or cards, or whatever we call it) based on the "DEPARTMENT". In this app, when I click to see the app (table 1), the app of table 2 and 3 will be invisble. 

or do you have any suggesitons that i can build an app with one List and data is splitted into different "dapertment" so that we can easy to keep track of them?

P/s: Again, thank you for your help and sorry for the confusion (since I'm very new with powerapp)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i'm having a SharePoint List with more than 1 thousands of rows with different "DEPARTMENTS" and want to create an app with PowerApps to store those data. But one app with more than 1 thousands of row would be hard to keep track of, that's why I'm trying to split data into different "DEPARTMENTS".

In that app, when I click in department one, other departments will be invisble. 

Do you have any suggestions for me in this project?

I very appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@maihuynh 

I have put together a mini-tutorial for you.  This will demonstrate the method used to filter data in a table.  You can apply the same idea to your own app.

Step #1  Create a list in Sharepoint or a table in Excel called Employees that contains some people in your organization.  Each employee must have a department assigned to them.

img1.PNG

#2  In PowerApps make a connection to the Employees datasource

#3  Insert a new Data table into your PowerApp.  Add any fields you want to see in the table.

img2.png

#4 The data table will initially show all employees from every department

img3.png

#5 Create a new dropdown control called Dropdown1.  Write the code shown below in the Items property to make a list of all departments automatically.

img4.png

6#  Click on the data table and input the following code into the Items property.

img5.png

7# Now when you change the dropdown control it will filter the datatable by department.

img6.png

I think this should be very straight-forward for you to implement.

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks alot for your instructions. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@maihuynh 

It looks like you were successful.  I am glad my instructions helped!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,738)