cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbrainard
Helper III
Helper III

Create pop up to collect and write values to another SharePoint list

I have a risk scoring app, that has a gallery that shows all risk items that need to be scored. Because there are multiple people (sometimes 1, sometimes, 4, sometimes 11) assigned to each item to score, I want to write the scores for each person to a separate table (to be aggregated later). If I select an item from the display screen of a risk item, how can I pass the ID to a pop up so it writes to the scoring table with the scores? The pop up is where the scores will be collected, but I need the ID of the selected item to be written to the scoring table so I can associated the scores with the appropriate risk items in the risk items table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pbrainard 

Everything is global in your app (except context items).  So, since your Popup is in the app...where ever you are selecting an item is where you would get the ID.

So, for example, if you had a Gallery with the items that someone selects first, then you only need to reference yourGallery.Selected.ID to get the ID.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pbrainard 

Everything is global in your app (except context items).  So, since your Popup is in the app...where ever you are selecting an item is where you would get the ID.

So, for example, if you had a Gallery with the items that someone selects first, then you only need to reference yourGallery.Selected.ID to get the ID.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Just set a variable to the ID before you open the pop-up. Then when you write the data to the table you can include the variable as part of the data. If you are using a form, you can have the field hidden and use the variable as the default value. If you are using Patch just use the variable as the value to Patch.

pbrainard
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you both!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,169)