Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Created By or User

Hello Community

I am building a Form and would like to display the Created By Name, Job Title & Department on the Form

I have created a label and entered a formula using Office365Users, but I know I have done something wrong and have tried to fix the issue, but no matter what I do, I can not get the information I need to display

I added a label but as it shows it has an error.

Could you help me with the Formula that I should be using to show the Created By Name, Job Title & Department or point me in the right directions, as I have the created by column from my SP List which is currently hidden on the Form.

UserProfile.jpg

Thank you in advance

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I thought you already had those on your form and wated to Join the field on another Label.

Having given more information, generally use:

Office365Users.UserProfile(User().Email).JobTitle
You could change the JobTitle to Department

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

It would have been goo to show your current forumula.

But try:

"Created By "&Textbox1.Text&" With Title"&TitleTextBox.Text&" Department:"& DeptTextbox.Text
Those highlighted are fields on your form
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 ,

Thank you for coming back to me, this is the formula I had in my Label

ClaireAllen_0-1613044725228.png

I'm a little confused on "&Textbox1.Text&" With Title"&TitleTextBox.Text&" Department:"& DeptTextbox.Text
Are you saying I need to add new fields on to my form?

Kind regards

Claire

I thought you already had those on your form and wated to Join the field on another Label.

Having given more information, generally use:

Office365Users.UserProfile(User().Email).JobTitle
You could change the JobTitle to Department

------------

View solution in original post

Thank you @eka24 

That has worked as I wanted.

Kind regards

Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,927)