cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Created By vrs Modified By from Office365Users into CDS Entity columns

In an app Id like to capture the MailNickname from Office365Users.MyProfile().MailNickname for a 'Created By' column and a 'Modified By' column in a CDS entity in a form.

Is there a best method to do this? How do you only capture the person who created the initial row, verses the person who modifies the row?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Interestingly the Entity in the CDS already captures that information which was great news for me! I needed to turn it into the employee user ID in another column, which I did through flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/CDS-Entitiy-Auto-Update-MailNicknam...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PytByt
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @TesDA ,
Have you solve your issue?
This i want to know as well.. 

Thanks,

TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Interestingly the Entity in the CDS already captures that information which was great news for me! I needed to turn it into the employee user ID in another column, which I did through flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/CDS-Entitiy-Auto-Update-MailNicknam...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,455)