cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogh_sabyasachi
Helper III
Helper III

Created PowerApps are no longer visible in the App list in PowerBI visual.

Hi community,

I have a few apps under construction as per ScreenShot 1.  I am typically able to choose them from the powerApps visual from powerBI dashboard after selecting the few columns/measures.  It is currently showing me No Apps to display as per ScreenShot3.  Can anyone please find out the reason?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ogh_sabyasachi ,

Do you mean that you could not view the apps in powerbi that you created in powerapps?

Please check:

• whether you choose right environment
  • whether you have permission for that app
  • whether you choose the right account of powerbi
  • Power Apps visual isn't supported for guest users.
  • Power Apps visual isn't supported in sovereign clouds.

Here's doc about limitations of power apps visual for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual#limitations-of-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
VivekBhatt
Advocate I
Advocate I

You need Edit rights on application to be able to see the app in Power BI and you need to select the environment as well.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft and @VivekBhatt ,

I am the owner of the apps and have created them, so I guess there should not be a permission/account/user issue.  Additionally, there has not been any change to thea App environment.  The Apps are present in the last known environment only, but I am not able to see them on the powerBI visual.

I have been using them in the similar way up to one day back, this has been a sudden unexpected change.

Hi @ogh_sabyasachi ,

Do you mean that you have permission on that app and choose right environment, right account, but still could not find that app in powerbi?
That's really strange.

I suggest  you open a ticket here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes @v-yutliu-msft .  It is strange.

JGPBIDev

Was there an update on how to solve this? Encountering this right now on my side.

Hi @JGPBIDev

It still persists for me.  The PowerApps support team was unable to find the resolution and has escalated the issue to the PowerBI team.  I am waiting for their response.

Same here. I encountered the issue yesterday and am now setting up a time with Power BI support. Will update you if I solve it. I also noticed that when trying to load the list of apps, it also does not load the environment I was working in next to the dropdown arrow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,065)