cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlowery-king
Advocate I
Advocate I

Created by user showiing same user account

I have a SharePoint list in a new modern site where I began customizing the form to the list. After customizing the form and the 3 views (new item, edit item, view item), anytime someone adds an entry to the list, it shows the same user account as the created by person (a service account). I used a service account to customize the form and I now also have the beginning of a Power Automate flow associated to this list, but it doesn't matter who tries to enter an item to the list, the created by user shows as one of the service accounts. How do I get the customized form to show created by as the person who actually is in the list entering a new item?

rlowery-king_0-1597415564266.png

3 REPLIES 3
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I would create a new card in the form control for created by and make the default User().FullName - otherwise the owner will always be the owner of the flow not the person who did the entry in the app. For sharepoint you may need to create a new column for created by that is editable. You can then hide this card (visibility settings - false) so that people cant edit it when they load the form.

Well, this isn't an app per say, we just customized the original SharePoint list form. So, is this the customized form that is creating the issue or the workflow I have created for the list? I haven't come across this before but I've only created Power Automate flows for approvals on a list; this is the first time I have customized the SharePoint list form that happens to need a workflow as well.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rlowery-king ,

Since the Create By column is a Systems field that cannot be modified, it may be a problem with Connection Authentication.

I would suggest you delete form from List Setting - Form Setting and re-create a new custom form in PowerApps, then add a new SharePoint connection in left Data Source panel in PowerApps. 

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,048)