cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Created custom PowerApp for a list but it's not available as an option

I created a custom PowerApp that points to a custom list but that Powerapp is not available when trying to change the default form for that custom list.  I can create a new PowerApp form but not choose from an existing PowerApp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm assuming you created a custom PowerApp starting from the PowerApp designer instead of starting from the list itself.  The PowerApp forms created in those two different ways are not interchangeable.  What you created was a standalone app that uses that SharePoint list as a backend data source.  If you want to replace the form in the context of the list you have to start in the list and pick "Customize Forms".  When you create the form that way you will see a SharePoint Integration object in the left hand panel that isn't in your custom app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm assuming you created a custom PowerApp starting from the PowerApp designer instead of starting from the list itself.  The PowerApp forms created in those two different ways are not interchangeable.  What you created was a standalone app that uses that SharePoint list as a backend data source.  If you want to replace the form in the context of the list you have to start in the list and pick "Customize Forms".  When you create the form that way you will see a SharePoint Integration object in the left hand panel that isn't in your custom app.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That makes sense.  The nice part about starting from the PowerApps is that it includes a controls on the top bar for adding a new item, refreshing, etc.  

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Those are available in the custom form as well.  They don't show up because they are part of the framework that displays the form.  So you don't need to add them yourself like you do in a standalone app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,975)