Creating Auto-Fill Drop down

Hello Hello, 

I have created a Sharepoint list that contains the following required fields:

Street Address

Postal Code

City

Province

Country

I also have a choice field that is not required  which is called "Site Location". The choices listed are names of some of the locations that will be regularily used. 

I would like some guidance on how to create a formula, so that when someone chooses a site location, the rest of the address fields will auto-fill with the proper address infomration. 

My thoughts are that I need to create an "if" statement for each drop down option, basically saying if "choice 1" is selected, then change the value of Street address, postal code etc. to whatever the address is. and do the same for each choice? Though maybe there is a better way....I also may need some help constructing this formula as I am quite new.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Creating Auto-Fill Drop down

Hi @TorreyFalconer ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Site Location" column in your SP list?

Could you please share more details about the "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ....? Are they all Choice type column?

If you want to auto-populate the "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ...  in your Edit form based on tlhe selected Dropdown option, I think the If function could achieve your needs.

On your side, you need to display corresponding value within "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ...  in your Edit form based on the selected Dropdown option. The sample formula as below:

Set the Default property of the "Street Address" Text Box to following:

If(
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Option1",
    "Street Address Value for Option1",
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Option2",
    "Street Address Value for Option2",
)

Please share more details about your scenario, so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@TorreyFalconer 

Not PowerApps specific but have you seen the Location column in SharePoint

It does exactly this out of the box

http://rezadorrani.com/index.php/2018/12/04/location-columns-for-sharepoint-online-lists-libraries/

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@RezaDorrani 

Thanks, this is actually great to know! Though- weirdly when I add it to PowerApps into a new form, all of the fields show up in view mode only, it doesn't seem to let me add it as an editable field. Is there some sort of setting I should be changing?

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@TorreyFalconer 

The Location field does not work with PowerApps at the moment

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorreyFalconer ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Site Location" column in your SP list?

Could you please share more details about the "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ....? Are they all Choice type column?

If you want to auto-populate the "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ...  in your Edit form based on tlhe selected Dropdown option, I think the If function could achieve your needs.

On your side, you need to display corresponding value within "Street Address" column, "Postal Code" column, ...  in your Edit form based on the selected Dropdown option. The sample formula as below:

Set the Default property of the "Street Address" Text Box to following:

If(
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Option1",
    "Street Address Value for Option1",
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Option2",
    "Street Address Value for Option2",
)

Please share more details about your scenario, so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,522)