Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Creating Form With Integration Of Dynamics CRM

Hello Guys,

There is a requirement from my client that they want to create a form in powerapps and that should create records in their Instance of Dynamics365.
Basically there is a meeting form with few fields  which are text inputs and few are lookups from their CRM.I don't have much idea of dynamics or dynamics CRM for that matter.Also they want to share that app with non license users to use it.
Please guys guide me through what all things needs to be done.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Creating Form With Integration Of Dynamics CRM

The first thing I would suggest is that they create the form in their Dynamics environment and then use that, there doesn't seem to be much of a need for bringing in PowerApps.

As for licensing, if you want someone to use a Dynamics form or a PowerApps form without a license then you have to use a PowerApps portal.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahulmathur7 ,

Database of Dynamics 365 instance is also based on the common data service, so if you want to create record for D365 instance, just choose that D365 instance environment and create app as normal.

If you want to share the PowerApps to external users, besides PowerApps portals, powerApps canvas apps can also be shared with guest users of an Azure Active Directory tenant. For more information: Share with guests 

If this doesn't make sense, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-siky-msft  Thank you so much for your response did clear lot of things for me.
Just need a bit help on below points:
a. If someone has Dynamics365 Crm do they have Azure Directory Tenant automatically?

Can we have connect somewhere where I can easily explain you the scenario..

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@rahulmathur7 

Yes, if someone has been assigned a Dynamics license then that person necessarily must be in Azure AD.

Bear in mind that if you add guest users to Azure AD and share canvas apps with people, they will still need a PowerApps license in their own tenant in order to access them. A person without a PowerApps licensed Microsoft account cannot access a canvas app under any scenario.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahulmathur7 ,

Yes, as @SKH19 said, each Dynamics CRM Online tenant is automatically an Azure AD tenant.

Please check this article: Who uses Azure AD .

If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Sik

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-siky-msftThat means we can't share a canvas app created in our client's CRM Environment to the external users which are not in same domain without them having the power app licenses ?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahulmathur7 ,

Yes, even if your share apps to external guests of Azure AD, the guests still need PowerApps license to run the app.(PowerApps trials, PowerApps paid license, Office365 or Dynamics 365 license) .

PowerApps Portals is also available for external users and they don't need any license. The difference between portals and canvas apps are that portals can only work with Common data service, so the external users can only handle with the CDS data.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-siky-msftSo should I create a Powerapp portal app in their CRM envoirment.?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahulmathur7 ,

Of course, you can.  PowerApps portal is external-facing websites, it is the same with Dynamics365 CE Portals.

For more reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/overview 

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,405)