cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Creating Onboarding app that access On-Prem active Directory

Okay, I am looking to create an PowerApps to substitute what i have built already in a PowerShell GUI platform. I currently have to onboard users in my business into several different Domains. Currently: Two On-Prem Active directory's and Office 365 or Azure I have one of the Domain's synced up to the Azure AD, but the other is still utilized in Legacy systems. Right now I am using PowerShell entirely to build each user in all of these and create office licenses, place them in selected Distribution list, Office 365 Groups, and have different logic depending on the employee type. All of sounds more complicating then it is. MY question is either: Can you use PowerShell from a PowerApps, such as activate cmdlets to do jobs 1-100 of this process OR is their another way to do this I CAN use in PowerApps. I am open to all suggestions, preferably not a long Flow, but any other option that will get me into our On-Prem AD to create these accounts. I do not believe you can create an Azure account and have it migrate down to the On-Prem AD. Any help is appreciative 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Creating Onboarding app that access On-Prem active Directory

Hi @Playman2006 ,

Please have a read of the Office365Users connector specifications - this may achieve a lot of what you are after. This can be used directly from Power Apps without a Flow.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have used this connector before and enjoy it for looking up our current users. I plan on using it to help assign New users managers and the like. Unfortunetly, this doesn't do any type of New-user functionality and I still will need the user to be created from our Main Domain that Syncs to Office 365 or AzureAD. Any other ideas? 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Thanks @Playman2006 ,

This is the only connector available to tie Power Apps to AD, whether from a Flow or directly.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Playman2006 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No I haven't received a resolution to this question yet. I will need to be able to create users on our On-prem tenant. I currently use powershell to do all this data building. Is there a way to activate or imbed a PSScript into Powershell or any other coding similar? Or is there a way to manipulate a user on O365 and push it down to On-prem instead of the other way around? (This may not be a question I can aske here)

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Playman2006 ,

I do not use any of these, so cannot comment.

The thread is still open if someone else can offer advice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,736)