Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH3
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Creating XLSX file in Table format from CSV

Hi,

I have a gallery in PowerApps in which I filter the data and then I press a button which creates a CSV table in OneDrive.

But, I want to convert it into XLSX File in Table format (Haven't found anything regarding this.)

I have used that Excel Template approach but I uploaded that file into my OneDrive root folder and then it shows the data in Table XLSX format but the other user cannot run that file because the file is not in its root folder of OneDrive. Hence the flow fails for other users.

can anyone please help me? 

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH3 ,

According to your description, I did the test for you.

1\ Build a test flow

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1613703527835.png

2\ The result is as follows:

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1613703527838.png

v-xiaochen-msft_2-1613703527840.png

v-xiaochen-msft_3-1613703527843.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Thanks @v-xiaochen-msft ,

I think I haven't cleared one thing, that I want to create an XLSX document in a Table Format.
can you help me in that? like the customer don't want to convert the sheet data in Table and then apply filters etc.

The xlsx file should be in Table format. 
Example: Table.jpg

any Ideas?
@yashag2255 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH3 ,

At my knowledge, the only way to create excel table is to create it manually.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

@v-xiaochen-msft 
Well that is correct, but I had created an excel Template by using Plumsail documentation, but the template was uploaded in my Root folder of OneDrive it was working for me, but if someone else tries to generate the report the "Get File Content" fails because the file is in my root folder and ultimately the flow fails.

Any idea how can I overcome this or any other workaround?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (105,864)