cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Creating a Canvas App - how do I use parameters for a Stored Procedure in a Flow?

I have created a flow which uses an SQL Stored Procedure with a number of parameters.

RollCallDate.PNG

I want to use the output of this in my Canvas App.

complete-flows-parameters.PNG

How do I pass these parameters?

I have tried this without success:

ClearCollect(newCollection, RollCallDate.Run(TextInput1.Text))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @stapes 

First you need to add the variable in Flow. Use dynamic Content and select "Ask in PowerApps" under PowerApps action. This needs to be done passed as a string value.

Now, remove the flow from the app and register it again.
You should be able to see the variable created in the flow. Pass the value and this should resolve your error.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @stapes 

First you need to add the variable in Flow. Use dynamic Content and select "Ask in PowerApps" under PowerApps action. This needs to be done passed as a string value.

Now, remove the flow from the app and register it again.
You should be able to see the variable created in the flow. Pass the value and this should resolve your error.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,948)