Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Date/Time value in one column in Sharepoint

Hello,

I am trying to creat a flow that creat date/time column in sharepoint, but it does not work with a time value from two dropdown lists. 

I made it work with a text() function for a Date value from a DatePicker.

Do you know how to get the picked date and time value in one column?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Creating a Date/Time value in one column in Sharepoint

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to pass a Date time value into the Date time field in your SP List through a flow?

Further, do you enable the "Include time" option for the Date type fields (Start date & End date) in your SP List?

Firstly, please make sure you have enabled "Include time" option for the Start date & End date field in your SP List. Based on the 'FlowName'.Run(....) formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it.

If the Start date & End date fields are both Date time type field in your SP List, you should pass a date time value to the two fields from your app rather than Text value (formatted using Text function as you mentioned).

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:

7.JPG

App's configuration:

8.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Patch" button to following:

'FlowName'.Run(
               TextInput1.Text, 
               DatePicker1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourDropdown.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteDropdown.Selected.Value), 0)
)

On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

BTSpeichern_1.Run(
                  EmployeeID;
                  UserName_BT;
                  Drop_Manager_BT;
                  BusinessTrip;
                  DatePicker_Start_Trip.SelectedDate + Time(Drop_hours_Start_BT.Selected.Value; Drop_minutes_Start_BT.Selected.Value; 0);  // Modify formula here
                  DatePicker_End_Trip.SelectedDate + Time(Drop_hours_End_BT.Selected.Value; Drop_minutes_End_BT.Selected.Value; 0);    // Modify formula here
                 TextInput_Customer_BT.Text;
)

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it with an "&" instead of a "+"

Thank you so much! 

But now i have the Problem that my start time is 8 and my end time is 17 (5 PM) 

the flow made it 7am to 4 pm and in sharepoint the times were 11 pm to 8am.

Do you know at what point I have to change the time zone?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to pass a Date time value into the Date time field in your SP List through a flow?

Further, do you enable the "Include time" option for the Date type fields (Start date & End date) in your SP List?

Firstly, please make sure you have enabled "Include time" option for the Start date & End date field in your SP List. Based on the 'FlowName'.Run(....) formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it.

If the Start date & End date fields are both Date time type field in your SP List, you should pass a date time value to the two fields from your app rather than Text value (formatted using Text function as you mentioned).

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:

7.JPG

App's configuration:

8.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Patch" button to following:

'FlowName'.Run(
               TextInput1.Text, 
               DatePicker1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourDropdown.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteDropdown.Selected.Value), 0)
)

On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

BTSpeichern_1.Run(
                  EmployeeID;
                  UserName_BT;
                  Drop_Manager_BT;
                  BusinessTrip;
                  DatePicker_Start_Trip.SelectedDate + Time(Drop_hours_Start_BT.Selected.Value; Drop_minutes_Start_BT.Selected.Value; 0);  // Modify formula here
                  DatePicker_End_Trip.SelectedDate + Time(Drop_hours_End_BT.Selected.Value; Drop_minutes_End_BT.Selected.Value; 0);    // Modify formula here
                 TextInput_Customer_BT.Text;
)

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it with an "&" instead of a "+"

Thank you so much! 

But now i have the Problem that my start time is 8 and my end time is 17 (5 PM) 

the flow made it 7am to 4 pm and in sharepoint the times were 11 pm to 8am.

Do you know at what point I have to change the time zone?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yeah, based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to Time Zone.

On your side, please make sure the Time zone value and Locale value of your SP Site are set to same value as your local machine. On your side, go to your SP Site Settings-> "Regional Setting", then configure the Time zone and Locale value to same value as your local machine:

9.JPG

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,098)