cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickgendron

Creating a Popup with galley to display data from a sharepoint list

Hello Power Users!

I am currently working on a power application that will function as a position review app. We have a lot of data that is being stored in a sharepoint list with responses from former employees of these roles. I am in need of assistance with one feature for this. 

I intend to use a vertical gallery to show the names, title, and photos of these employees. When a user clicks on the arrow button next to each row in the list, a popup will appear with the review information that is stored in the list. To achieve this, data will need to be dynamically pulled the data from the and populate in the corresponding text label fields on the popup, when the button on each gallery item is clicked by a user. I have already configured the OnSelect for the gallery buttons to bring the popup into view, but creating the data flow from the list to each text field on the popup, based on what object has been selected, has been causing me some issues.

For instance, some of the columns of data that we have are name, email, work location, and review of position, just to name a few. What would be the best way to achieve this correctly map each value for a given object/item in the list to a specific text field based on what has been selected?

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@nickgendron 

You can use an edit form to do this.  Just make the Data source property of the form your sharepoint list and the Item property yourgalleryname.Selected 

The fields in the form will map to the fields in your list!1.jpg.  
!2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,841)