cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristina_Mizar
Frequent Visitor

Creating a budget template: How to create an edit form where each column is a month

Dear community, 

I am stucked in something. I want to create a budget template for HR where the manager will be able to asign an FTE for each month and employee of a determinate section . The attachment may clarify my objective. 

The datasource is an Sql table where I have the fte, employee, section, etc. For showing the data I am using a gallery with text edit boxes,  in the grid I am filtering in each month column a LookUp Formula like this : LookUp( '[dbo].[factftemonthly]'; And(Month(fecha)=1;Year(fecha)=yearBudget);fte) but that's not a good solution since obviously,  I am still having a row for every month. 

I am thinking of alternative solutions but I think they are very bizarre and I am sure that there is a simpler way to do it.

I would really appreciate some help ,

thank you very much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristina_Mizar
Frequent Visitor

Solved,

I am finally using two tables, T1 for the unique registers of the employees and T2 where i have the monthly FTEs related to each employee. 

In the grid, I am connecting the form to T1 and the edit labels to T2 with a lookup: 

LookUp( Search( T2; ThisItem.nombre ; "nombre" );Year(fecha)=yearBudget.Selected.Result && Month(fecha) = 1 && seccion=ThisItem.seccion && departamento=ThisItem.departamento && categoria=ThisItem.categoria && nombrecentro = ThisItem.nombrecentro ; fte )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristina_Mizar
Frequent Visitor

Solved,

I am finally using two tables, T1 for the unique registers of the employees and T2 where i have the monthly FTEs related to each employee. 

In the grid, I am connecting the form to T1 and the edit labels to T2 with a lookup: 

LookUp( Search( T2; ThisItem.nombre ; "nombre" );Year(fecha)=yearBudget.Selected.Result && Month(fecha) = 1 && seccion=ThisItem.seccion && departamento=ThisItem.departamento && categoria=ThisItem.categoria && nombrecentro = ThisItem.nombrecentro ; fte )

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,174)