cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerrenceP
Frequent Visitor

Creating a clickable map in PowerApps

I have a SharePoint Online list which contains the "names" of various Companies, their respective Lat Long "location", and other fields such as "number of employees", "products manufactured", and so on. I would like to display a single map in PowerApps showing the location of each company, and when a specific company is clicked, the user is taken to a Display form showing the other fields related to the Company such as "number of employees", "products manufactured", and so on.

I've already configured a PowerApp to browse/search companies from the above SP Online list, and then display more detailed information for each company; I just need to know how to achieve this using a map instead, as explained above.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

This sounds too complex... 

But the point that April suggested, I want to do that,

Basically have a few places on the map, the place which you select from the gallery, opens up a new screen with only that specified place.

Thanks though... Smiley Very Happy

@NabeelNQ 

The overlay grid is complex for sure...we do it for floor maps and other plans, not so much on the Maps, but the coordinate concept would be the same.

But...the solution that @aprildunnam put out in those pictures is very possible today and easily.  In that case she was relying on the Gallery and other PowerApps controls to be the items "clicked" on...not the map image itself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Yes exactly.

Basically it is genrating different images of the maps using buttons, and not changing the map itself.

For now, it suits my basic needs. 

Thanks to both of you for all the help... 🙂

Thanks for the info , I couldn't get anything to show, as I had too many locations. Can you explain why the limit is 18, it seems like a strange number. I have 105 I need to show. Any other ways round this?

Thanks

Thanks

18 push pins does not seem to be the limit. I have now managed up to 70, but any more and it fails.

Currently I am getting data using the onvisble for my gallery form with the function:

UpdateContext({plotPoints: Concat(Table13, "&pp=" & Latitude & "," & Longitude & ";" &"127")})

I want to plot the top 70 from my data table, based on sorting a specific field, as I need to keep all 100+ records in my table.

I don't want to sort the table itself, as I use the same data alphabetically in my gallery.

I would like to do the sort and select within the onvisible function, but don't know if it's possible, or how to do it.

Can anyone help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,488)