cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a collection with gallery items and sending collection to sharepoint list

Good morning!

So, I have a gallery of Tools (Ferramentas) and what it does is, you set a quantity through a slider, click a button, and that tool's quantity gets updated in a SharePoint list.

What I want to do, is put a dropdown next to the tool's quantity with choices from another SP list. That dropdown has options for machines. 

I did that with the intention of, when clicking the button to update the items quantity, it creates a collection with the tool, the machine the tool is going to be used in from the dropdown menu and date. So that I can upload this collection to a different SP list.

The thing is, my Collect function is not working. Please help!

I've attached screenshots of the SP list with the tool's quantity, the SP list I wish to send the collection (I'm trying to do it so the title is the machine, the "Máquina" column is just for Choices() on the dropdown) and the app screen.

Below is also the code for the collect function:

Collect(
      RegistroDeTrocasCabDup;
            { 
                Máquina: ThisItem(Dropdown1.value);
                Ferramenta: ThisItem; 
                Data e hora: Now() 
   }
)

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

What problem are you having with your Collect function?

If you are expecting that the Collect function will update your SharePoint list, this is not correct.

Please take a look at this recent post which in some ways is similar to what you are stating.

Hope that helps.  If not, please post back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Randy!

My function is just not working, it is all greyed out and the following error message appears on the button:

"Unexpected characters. The formula contains 'Curly Close' in the part where 'ParenOpen' is expected. This error will occur if, for example, a formula contains '{Val @ 7}' instead of '{Val: 7}'. When you define a variable, the syntax will require two-poins instead of at-sign."

Im not expecting that the collect function will update my sharepoint list, what I am trying to do is that when you push the button, it creates a collection and later when another button is pressed the items on the collection will get sent to a SharePoint list.

@Anonymouswell again, if it is the formula you posted at first and you are expecting that to update your SharePoint list, it's not going to work.  Take a look over that post I linked first and get that understood first. Perhaps it will shed some light on your situation.

If it doesn't help, then post the formula that you are having problems with at this point.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,778)