cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

Hi, 

I tried to create a personal environment so that i can learn some AI builder functionality but unfortunately when i create my personal environment it was created on UK region instead of US region. Can someone guide me on how to change this personal environment to US region? I have tried to delete this environment but it automatically created back on UK region.

Any guidance will be helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Regards

Mugilan

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

As per Microsoft docs, "You cannot change the region once the environment is created."

Here is the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-environment-powerapps

That being said, I am not sure if Microsoft might so it for you if you create a ticket but I would suggest creating a new one.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

Hi @muges01 ,

I have made a test on my side, and also find that individual environment will be created in the region closest to you, even if you have selected other region when creating. I will submit this issue to Teams to check if this is a bug. You can also Get Help + Support in PowerPlatform Admin, for more reference: Get Help + Support .

As an alternative workaround, you can try to create a trial or production environment and choose the US region, then the AI builder would be available.
Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi
I can’t create new developer environment, because it will be automatically created from the PowerApps community site. I only can create production or trial type environment and not developer type environment. I did try to delete the developer environment (I mean personal) but it automatically recreated back on the UK region.

I guess I just have to wait for the AI builder for available on UK region.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Yes, I am with you on that.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,175)