cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darogael
Super User
Super User

Creating a new item in a SharePoint list

I'm trying to build a form to submit new items to a SharePoint list and can't seem to figure out how.

Heres what I have achieved so far-

- Created a new screen

- Added a Vertical Text Gallery

- Items is set to the SharePoint list content

So far I have all the colmns from the list mostly as text controls. Initially everything was blank so I added one item to the list. Now that item does show up, however, I want the screen to be blank i.e. I should only see the column titles, fill the information, hit the submit button I added and save the item. The button does have the NewForm function, however, it does error out stating the item needs to be in edit view.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

It sounds like you are starting from scratch. If you are not entirely familiar with forms in PowerApps yet, I suggest you let PowerApps build a fully functional app for you instead. Make sure you have a Sharepoint connection added/available, then select "New", and in the resulting screen/wizard, click on the button for Sharepoint. Select your site and list, and PowerApps will create an app for you that does precisely what you mentioned. Feel free to break it apart and look at the formulas to see how forms are wired up.

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

It sounds like you are starting from scratch. If you are not entirely familiar with forms in PowerApps yet, I suggest you let PowerApps build a fully functional app for you instead. Make sure you have a Sharepoint connection added/available, then select "New", and in the resulting screen/wizard, click on the button for Sharepoint. Select your site and list, and PowerApps will create an app for you that does precisely what you mentioned. Feel free to break it apart and look at the formulas to see how forms are wired up.

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,565)