cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikesmeltz
Helper II
Helper II

Creating a powerapp that submits to a sharepoint document library as a document and not a list

I have a lot of InfoPath forms I need to recreate in Powerapps. So I am creating a canvas powerapp that I want to submit itself to a Sharepoint online form library (similar to what an InfoPath form will do). What submit syntax do I use to get it to submit to the form library. Is this functionality even possible?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you created additional columns after you added the list as a data source then you need to refresh the connection to the list at the data source level to pick up the new schema.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no comparable functionality built into Power Apps.  What you would have to do is manually save the form info as an XML file.  There is no way to do that with a simple submit.  Its probably possible using Power Automate, but I don't think it would be worth the effort.  The comparable concept in Power Apps would be to create a list with all the fields in it and a Power App form to access the list.

I PStork1,

When I create the list, I do not see the list items when I connect the form to the data source. The only fields I see are the default fields, not the fields i created.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you created additional columns after you added the list as a data source then you need to refresh the connection to the list at the data source level to pick up the new schema.

image.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (106,843)