Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NamM_
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a profile screen - Show data input from SP columns of current user

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to create a screen showing the data input from the current user, something like a profile screen. 
The user information with "User().FullName" etc. is not enough. I have 10+ columns in a sharepoint list and would like to show them on the "profile screen". For example one of the columns is named "Organization". Any ideas? 

Thanks for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@NamM_ OK. So in order to that you need to add your List as a datasource. You then need to do a LookUp to that list based on the current logged in user.

Something like: LookUp(mySharePointList, emailField = User().Email)

I assume that you SharePoint list does have a column which identifies which item "belongs" to a certain user. Based on that column  you have to apply your filter. If you still having issues please provide a screenshot of your sharepoint list.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@NamM_ Do you want to show information from a sharepoint list or just additional user infos from Azure AD.

If you need more User-Details you could use the Office365Users Connector

Office 365 Users - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

Hey @PowerRanger thanks for the quick reply, I want show the data input only from the current user which are stored in a sharepoint list. Hope that clears things up.

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@NamM_ OK. So in order to that you need to add your List as a datasource. You then need to do a LookUp to that list based on the current logged in user.

Something like: LookUp(mySharePointList, emailField = User().Email)

I assume that you SharePoint list does have a column which identifies which item "belongs" to a certain user. Based on that column  you have to apply your filter. If you still having issues please provide a screenshot of your sharepoint list.

NamM_
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @PowerRanger,
it works! However there is an issue with choice colomns. I can't look up the data generated from choice colomns.
Any idea how I can solve that? Current function looks like this

LookUp('AD Daten'; 'Title' = User().Email).Organization

Thanks ! 🙂

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@NamM_ what do you mean by "I can't look up the data generated from choice colomns."

NamM_
Helper I
Helper I

@PowerRanger  The LookUp funtion works for the single line colomns, but I have 3 colomns which choice based. These get an error message when I try to use the LookIUp function.

NamM_
Helper I
Helper I

Found the solution.

LookUp('AD Daten'; 'Title' = User().Email).Organization.value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,536)