cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venwin

Creating a table from a Custom Connector's complex JSON

Hi,
I'm trying to create a table based on some JSON returned from a custom connector I made. The connector works and gets the data I want, however I am unsure of how to actually access the data properly and make the table. Here is some of the JSON:

{
    "errors": null,
    "result": {
        "totalCount": integer,
        "searchResults": [
        {
            "id": integer,
            "phoneNumber": "string",
           "deviceModel": "string"
        }
        ]
    }
}

I know how to connect the connector to the data table itself, but a problem presents itself immediately as the only fields are error or result. I'm unsure of how to edit a formula to get what I want. I need to be able to grab the interested variables in the first result of the searchResults array and put that in the first row, 2nd entry in the searchResults array and put that in the 2nd row etc. 

Venwin_0-1657823130279.png

I selected the field as result and then tried to do something like this:
First(ThisItem.result.searchResults).deviceModel <- but this has some flaws as shouldn't ThisItem really belong to SearchResults? I'm unfamiliar with the syntax to fix this.

Do I need to put in the right formula for this to work, or do I need to change something in the connector? I am unable to simplify the JSON sent as its a 3rd party API I am connecting to.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,288)