Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forest2002
Helper I
Helper I

Creating an Outlook Event from a Button

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to create an outlook event but everything I look at seems to be old versions of this and keeps giving me errors. I want to create an Outlook calendar event (preferably an all date event) but I'm having trouble with the Date/Time bit.

Office365Outlook.V4CalendarPostItem(
LookUp(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2().value, name = "Calendar").id,
"Working From Home",

Where do I go from here? The time is not particularly important to me and isn't specified by the user, it's just the date which comes from a datepicker called DatePickerCal. Any help would be really appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @forest2002 

Try one more method

Office365Outlook.V4CalendarPostItem(
    "Calendar",
    "Test using Now()",
    Now(),
    Now(),
    "(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time",
    {
        body: "Meeting Notes"
    }
)

forest2002
Helper I
Helper I

This above works and also now have my datepicker working and I think the problem is just how it goes into outlook. I realised when it was working it was just going in the wrong way around, until i tried Chrome. I think I just have this problem now and i'm guessing there is no solution 😞 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Confirmed-bug-with-V4CalendarPostItems/td-p/523988

forest2002
Helper I
Helper I

If so would a v2 solution still work and what would I need to change? Thanks for all your help on this it's really helped me figure out whats going on 

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @forest2002 

As a workaround, we can try to use V2

Office365Outlook.V2CalendarPostItem(
    "Calendar", //Calendar name
    "Creating using V2CalendarPostItem 3", //Subject
    DateTimeValue("10/30/2021 10:00:00 AM"), //Start
    DateTimeValue("10/30/2021 10:30:00 AM"), //End
    {body: "Meeting Notes"} //Body
)

Note: No need to convert to UTC. System considers sending time as local and system converts to UTC

forest2002
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you!! Thats working across all browsers and from Teams. Thanks so much for taking the time to help with this it's really appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,725)