Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Super User
Super User

Creating and APP with access to my local files

Hi there, 

Looking for an advice here:

Is possible to build an app but instead of having all the files in the cloud, I would like to see/open my PDF documents, word or excel documents saved in my local folder or better in my local server?

If this is possible could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sajarac 

I have not used this connector but it appears there is a create file function and a get file code contents action.  Suggest you start by experimenting with these actions.  Awhile back when I saw this connector recommended on another similar post it got the person to a solution.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

I would recommend you check out the File System connector for PowerApps.

Link to File System connector MS Docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/filesystem/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thank you very much for your prompt response,

Would you mind to answer this?

This is my situation, I only need to save files in my server, and have the user the choice to open the file via hyperlink. Will this connector suit my needs?

thank you kindly

@sajarac 

I have not used this connector but it appears there is a create file function and a get file code contents action.  Suggest you start by experimenting with these actions.  Awhile back when I saw this connector recommended on another similar post it got the person to a solution.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,630)