cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Creating dynamic selectable buttons

Hi,

I am new to PowerApps. Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated.

Is it possible to create a dynamic selectable buttons and update the table based on selection in Canvas apps? 

Here is my requirement is this:

based on the drop down selection, i want to display set of dynamic buttons which button text will be filled based on the values we are getting and display it. Based on the user selection (5 out of 10), i want to update the selected 5 in table. Please help me resolve this.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Re: Creating dynamic selectable buttons

Hi @GVS ,

I am having trouble understanding your requirement. It looks you have multiple requirements:

1. You want to show buttons once the drop down selection is made
  2. You want the text for buttons to be the same as the drop down selection.
  3. Update table based on user selection

I do not understand your 3rd requirement. What do you mean by updating the table based on user selection? Is the user selecting from the same drop down? And what do you mean when you say "update the selected 5 in table"? Can you please elaborate and show screenshots?

Requirement #1, and #2 are possible if I understood correctly.

For requirement #1, set the visible property of the buttons as:

!IsBlank(<DropDownName>.Selected.Value)

And for requirement #2, set the text property of the buttons as:

<DropDownName>.SelectedValue

Hope this is what you were asking for!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Zabibaber, thanks and sorry for not making it clear. Let me give a example.

if user select cloud from drop down then the value might be AWS and Azure. In that user may select Azure or AWS or both. Similarly, if they select automation from drop down, then there may be several options and user may select few. Selected values to be updated in entities.

Hope this is clear.

thanks

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

So, I understand you have a drop down with fields such as Cloud, Automation etc. However, I do not know where you are getting those fields from. Are you hard coding them in the app? In that case, set time item property of the drop down to be equal to this:

["Cloud", "Automation", "etc..."]

You said "if user select cloud from drop down then the value might be AWS and Azure", Value of what? Do you another drop down? List box? Combo box? And from where are you getting these values? Or are they also hard coded. You hinted that user should be able to select both. In that case, you need List box, and the items property, If hard coded will look like this:

Switch(
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value,
    "Cloud",
    [
        "AWS",
        "Azure"
    ],
    "Automation",
    [
        "Option 1",
        "Option 2",
        "Option 3",
    ]
)

Try adding a drop down box and a list box with items property set to the formulas above, respectively. Try and see if this is the behavior you want.

You can use patch function to update entities. But I do not know the name of the entity or the filed to be updated and the data type of that field. So, I can't help with updating unless more detail. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for the solution. Everything is entity driven and based on the selection need to update the entity as Yes or No in the relevant field.

Thanks

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @GVS ,

I am glad that helped. I understand that you want to update the entity. But I do not know the name of the entity and the field you want to update. And most importantly, I  don't know which logic you would using to decide between "Yes" or "No".

I can't help without any of that information. You can read this link yourself to get more information about updating the entity. 

I hope it helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,887)