cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheOpeningBat
Helper III
Helper III

Creating flow to compare row in sharepoint list & excel & if no record in sharepoint then send email

Hi All,

I have a sharepoint list with userid, username, createddate & excel table with userid & username which is sort of the master table which has all the user records. On completing a survey, entry is added in sharepoint list. 

I am trying to create a flow which every day will send an email to user who has not taken the survey by comparing the rows from sharepoint list & excel.

Could you please help. Any pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @TheOpeningBat ,

This is a mission for recurrent flow and your topic should be posted on PowerAutomate community 😊, but let me give a try. 

So, first create a recurrent flow:

Capture.PNG

and this is how should look like this flow:Flow.png

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

@TheOpeningBat ,

Sorry for delay, i have not been notified about your reply.

Complete your formula as following (using and logic between the two formula) and you'll filter the record from yesterday:

userid eq 'items('Apply_to_each')['userid'] ' and Created eq 'addDays(utcNow(),-1,'MM/dd/yyyy')'

If my solution meet your expectation please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Thank you !

7 REPLIES 7
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @TheOpeningBat ,

This is a mission for recurrent flow and your topic should be posted on PowerAutomate community 😊, but let me give a try. 

So, first create a recurrent flow:

Capture.PNG

and this is how should look like this flow:Flow.png

Hope it helps !

TheOpeningBat
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks @gabibalaban for your response. Will definitely keep in mind next time regarding where to post.

I tried your steps however it failing at the Get Items step with message - The expression \"User Id eq 12345\" is not valid. Creating query failed.

In the Get Items step for the filter query:

userid eq items('Apply_to_each')['userid'] 

In the above, can you please tell me - first userid is the column from Sharepoint list & second one is from Excel. Is my assumption correct?

There are some small quotes in the formula:  userid eq '.....' .

I think you miss it. Please try again

Tried by adding the small quotes still getting the message - The expression \"User Id eq  '12345'\" is not valid. Creating query failed.

User Id in sharepoint list is of type single line of text 

User # in excel is of number format

Any issue due to this?

TheOpeningBat
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry my bad - in the Get items steps - filter query I mispelled the column name. 

Also flow is executing successfully. Just one more thing - in the sharepoint list I have a createddate column as well.  So I need to check if user has completed the survey based on created date. i.e there might be multiple rows for each user based on created date & flow should check whether user has completed survey for each day based on created date.

Any idea how it can be achieved. Many thanks.

@TheOpeningBat ,

Sorry for delay, i have not been notified about your reply.

Complete your formula as following (using and logic between the two formula) and you'll filter the record from yesterday:

userid eq 'items('Apply_to_each')['userid'] ' and Created eq 'addDays(utcNow(),-1,'MM/dd/yyyy')'

If my solution meet your expectation please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Thank you !

TheOpeningBat
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks a lot @gabibalaban . Your steps worked perfectly fine. You are a star.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (991)