cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

Re: Creating mutliple edit forms for SharePoint List

Thanks for that, it worked. 

Next question, if I edit something it doesnt save.  Is there something I have to do to push the changes I make back into sharepoint?

I have the original form with say a toggle that's update method has my other forms toggle button value.  I thought that would be enough, but when I click save in my other form it doesnt actually save

Eickhel Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Have you tried not using another form? just use one and simply add the other controls to the other sceeens as I did in my demo.

MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

I did, I stated it wrong.  The original screen has the sharepoint Form and I added addition screens not forms.  The only way I can get my changes to save is to click on my original screen before exiting and saving there

forms.PNG

ChadVKealey Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@MS_Sol, I think you'll need to use the Patch function for that. Shane Young created this great video on how to use it

View solution in original post

Responsive Resident

@MS_Sol wrote:

I did, I stated it wrong.  The original screen has the sharepoint Form and I added addition screens not forms.  The only way I can get my changes to save is to click on my original screen before exiting and saving there

forms.PNG

When you save it is by using the built-in save button right?

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 20.36.39.png

The Patch method is the best way because it gives you more control but it takes more work.

Can you show me how did you set up one of those datacards in the main form?

MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

Yup, exactly. Here you go

form sample.PNG

Responsive Resident

I don't see anything wrong with the image... Are you sure you're testing the right version... Keep in mind that Sharepoint relies heavy on form cache.. here's a trick... Change the color of the form for each publish so you'll see which version is actually running ( creating a label and manually changing a number works too )
MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

I went with adding edit and save buttons to the screens instead of using the default one, that seems to work

Highlighted
MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

Thanks, I added edit and save buttons and patch method and it worked.

MS_Sol Helper II
Helper II

I have accepted using my own save button. One problem though. One of my fields is SharePoint attachments. Looks like only the form on the original screen can support upload of attachment. I can't figure out how to make my save button save the attachment, only the built in save is working. This would be confusing to users since they are told to use my custm save button for everything else

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,828)