cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating new Share Point Item when a form is submitted through Power Apps

I'm pretty new to Power Apps and require some help.

I'm trying to get a line items to be added to a SharePoint list whenever someone submits a form through a Power App.

The information will be captured from the Power App and added to the appropriate SharePoint columns.  

So far i tried creating a SharePoint list, creating an app using that list, and then using the "Add an item to SharePoint and send an email" flow to get the items to create a new item. I run into problems here as i cant get the information from the Power App to populate in the SharePoint List. 

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to pass the entered value in your Edit form to a Power Automate flow to create a SP List Item in your SP List?

If you just want to create a new item into your SP List, I think the canvas app is enough. You could generate a canvas app based on your SP List, then it would generate three screens canvas app automatically. Then you could use this canvas app to add new item into your SP List or edit existing items in your SP List.

If you want to pass the entered value in your Edit form to a Power Automate flow to create a SP List Item in your SP List, please try the following workaround steps:

1. Within your flow, define these parameters which you want to pass from your canvas app into your flow using the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content.

2. Within your canvas app, add a connection to your flow, then add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

'Your Flow Name'.Run(Argument1, Argument2, ....)

please provide proper values for these arguments within the 'Your Flow Name'.Run() function.

More details about  firing a flow from a canvas app, please check the following video resource:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl9AtxWdkg

On your side, please check if you have executed proper 'Flow Name'.Run(...) formula within your canvas app. And you have provided proper value for these arguments (which has been specified in your flow already) in your 'Flow Name'.Run(...) function.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pawanjajoo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please explain what is the formula you have written in the OnSelect of your Submit Button in PowerApps?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to pass the entered value in your Edit form to a Power Automate flow to create a SP List Item in your SP List?

If you just want to create a new item into your SP List, I think the canvas app is enough. You could generate a canvas app based on your SP List, then it would generate three screens canvas app automatically. Then you could use this canvas app to add new item into your SP List or edit existing items in your SP List.

If you want to pass the entered value in your Edit form to a Power Automate flow to create a SP List Item in your SP List, please try the following workaround steps:

1. Within your flow, define these parameters which you want to pass from your canvas app into your flow using the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content.

2. Within your canvas app, add a connection to your flow, then add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

'Your Flow Name'.Run(Argument1, Argument2, ....)

please provide proper values for these arguments within the 'Your Flow Name'.Run() function.

More details about  firing a flow from a canvas app, please check the following video resource:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl9AtxWdkg

On your side, please check if you have executed proper 'Flow Name'.Run(...) formula within your canvas app. And you have provided proper value for these arguments (which has been specified in your flow already) in your 'Flow Name'.Run(...) function.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,728)