Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Owizardo
Level: Powered On

Creating responsive layouts in canvas apps

Hello,

I created a responsive canvas app. My canvas uses the App.Width and App.Height to dynamically resize the screen. So this is what i have: 

Canvas:
Height = App.Height
Width = App.Width

Data Card:
Height: Parent.Height
Width: Parent.Width

On a large screen 1920 x 1080, the app works great. 
But when I try it on my laptop screen that is 1366 X 768, the canvas resizes to fit the screen which is fine but it cuts off content that overlaps. So instead of adding a scroll it just cuts off and I cant seem to work around that. I tried use a manual height of 1000 on my data card and leaving the canvas at App.Height. It still seems to cut off and dosent allow scrolling. 

Weirdly enough, on my large screen, it lets me scroll when content overlapps there. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating responsive layouts in canvas apps

Hi @Owizardo ,

Could you please share a bit more about the screenshot of the issue?

Have you turned off the "Scale to fit" option within "Screen size + orientation" setting of App settings of your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have turned off the "Scale to fit" option within "Screen size + orientation" setting of App settings of your app.

Note: If you want to create a responsive layouts canvas app, you need to turn off the "Scale to fit" option firstly.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

In addition, also please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-load your app, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, I think this issue may be related to PowerApps Version 3.19052.19. There are some known issues with PowerApps Version 3.19052.19, e.gGallery Items do not render as expected, Gallery.Selected formula do not work, CountRows(Gallery.AllItems) formula do not work, .. etc.

Now PowerApps has released a new version -- 3.19052.20, these issues occurred within 3.19052.19 version has been fixed. On your side, please consider re-create your responsive layouts app using the latest version of PowerApps studio, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Owizardo ,

Could you please share a bit more about the screenshot of the issue?

Have you turned off the "Scale to fit" option within "Screen size + orientation" setting of App settings of your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have turned off the "Scale to fit" option within "Screen size + orientation" setting of App settings of your app.

Note: If you want to create a responsive layouts canvas app, you need to turn off the "Scale to fit" option firstly.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

In addition, also please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-load your app, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, I think this issue may be related to PowerApps Version 3.19052.19. There are some known issues with PowerApps Version 3.19052.19, e.gGallery Items do not render as expected, Gallery.Selected formula do not work, CountRows(Gallery.AllItems) formula do not work, .. etc.

Now PowerApps has released a new version -- 3.19052.20, these issues occurred within 3.19052.19 version has been fixed. On your side, please consider re-create your responsive layouts app using the latest version of PowerApps studio, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Owizardo
Level: Powered On

Thanks, I get the feeling it was something to do with the version of Powerapps. Everything just seems better now. Thx

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,644)