cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umangmistryBO
Level: Power Up

Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the PostgreSQL source are invalid.

I am trying to create a connection to get data from POSTGRESQL server for my PowerApp. However when im entering the server name, db name and user credentials im getting this error 

"Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the PostgreSQL source are invalid."

I know there are several solved questions encountering errors but the solutions state that these credentials start working after a day or so and the same credentials start working. 

Other solutions were to ensure the password doesnt have any '@' or clearing the browser cookies and a few other random solutions. 

None seem to work for me and establishing a connection is essential to the app. Please let me know if there is any solution cause I havent had any luck solving it. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
K-A-R-L
Level 10

Re: Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the PostgreSQL source are invalid.

Hi @umangmistryBO,

Have you tried add a gateway? Connecting to PostgresSQL would need to install a gateway first.

I assume that you already have PostgreSQL client software installed and that you can already connect successfully to the target PostgreSQL database.

Currently there is no document published for PostgresSQL about the connecting steps.But I think it should be similar with the steps for Oracle:

Try this link: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-oracle-database-from-powerapps-flow-and-log...

Connecting to Oracle Database from PowerApps, Flow and Logic Apps

Or you may take a reference of the following thread:

PostgreSQL Connection through On-premise Data Gateway

For ODBC connection to postgres you need to get installed ODBC driver for postgres;i am using PostgresSQL Unicode(x64).

After that you have 2 options:

1) create user DSN via ODBC data source administrator (C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe). In that case the connection string for ODBC data source is "dsn=dsn_name" where dsn_name represents the user dsn created via tool above

2) alternative option for connection string is: driver={PostgreSQL Unicode(x64)};server=server_name;port=5432;database=db_name

where server_name represents a server name or its IP, db_name is name of database.

For using on-premise gateway you need to use ODBC connection to postgress on power bi desktop. Then you need to configure data sources using ODBC the same way on on-premise gateway.

Hope the information above is helpful

Thanks,
K-A-R-L

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the PostgreSQL source are invalid.

Hi @umangmistryBO how are you progressing with this? Was the above reply helpful?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,733)