cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception. credentials provided for SQL invalid

Hi All,

I am trying to make a connection to on premise database with windows credintials with no luck. It fails with this message.

Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the SQL source are invalid

I set up an SQL User and used basic and was was able to connect.

Any help for why Windows account is not working with flow

Using the same windows account I did not have any issues with SSMS on premise.

the Windows account was used to create the database,  add the table and the SQL user that works with flow .

thanks

Mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception. credentials provided for SQL invalid

it was and I put it down to a learning experience of stuff running on the Power Bi service and connecting with your on-premise gateway

it takes a while to get it's s**t together as it eventually worked the next day.

Same user and password connecting to the same server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception. credentials provided for SQL invalid

Hi MarkMc,

It seems that you are not providing the correct credentials.

When creating the connection to SQL Server On-Premise, you will be asked to type or paste the server name, the database name, the user name, and the password for the database that you want to use, and specify the authentication type and the gateway.

I am using Windows authentication type on my side, I can create the connection successfully.

Please take this doc for a reference and try again on your side:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-azure-sqldatabase/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

the creditials are correct this is not a solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

was this ever resolved? i am experiencing the same issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was and I put it down to a learning experience of stuff running on the Power Bi service and connecting with your on-premise gateway

it takes a while to get it's s**t together as it eventually worked the next day.

Same user and password connecting to the same server.

View solution in original post

duncfair
Level: Powered On

I am getting the same error with the Basic authentication and can 100%, positively verify that the credentials are correct as I set up the SQL login and user myself and verified that it through SSMS.

marcoselias

I know your issue eventually got fixed by itself but I was having the same or similar issue and below is how I fixed it in case this helps someone else:

1. Go to the connections menu

2. On your connection, click on the ellipsis menu and select 'Edit'

3. Review and update the information there. You may need to scroll down a little to see the login/password input boxes.

duncfair

My issue has not been resolved. The Gateway keeps failing to log-in to the database, even though the same credentials can be used to connect successfully through SSMS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,401)