cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabolan
Power Apps
Power Apps

Crisis Communication solution feedback

On Monday afternoon, as news of COVID-19 cases spread globally, we pulled together a team to help customers coordinate their own information sharing and team collaboration in response to evolving conditions in times of crisis. Today, less than 48 hours later, we’re releasing the first version of that solution for any customer organization to quickly implement. You can read more about the solution in our blog post or get the full instructions for how you can implement your own Crisis Communication app here.

We're extremely excited to hear how the community leverages this app, so we've created this thread to hear directly from you. Feel free to share your experience customizing the solution and altering it for your own needs. Over the next few weeks, we'll take your responses to make the app even better and post incremental updates. 😁

276 REPLIES 276

@AnonymousOkay if the rule is turned on and the run button is not greyed out. At the bottom you should see the run events?

Recommend trying it in a different browser or new private/inprivate/incognito window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yeah I tried it in IE, Chromium Edge and InPrivate and all provide the same results, very strange, I will download Chrome and try it on that just to see.

Run button not greyed out and I see "runs" but no events.

Thanks.

Tony.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it in Chrome and managed to get further, now getting an error when trying to run the flow "The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'." I "peeked" at the code for manual trigger and it indeed only has "string" and not "null", is there an easy way to edit this trigger?

This is what you meant to see :

{
"kind": "Button",
"inputs": {
"schema": {
"type": "object",
"properties": {
"location": {
"address": {
"city": {
"title": "City",
"type": "string",
"x-ms-dynamically-added": false
}
},
"required": [
"city"
]
},
"coordinates": {
"latitude": {
"title": "Latitude",
"type": "number",
}
},
"latitude"
]
}
}
}
},
"location"
]
}
}
}

Edit: Removed the manual trigger (Deleted and replaced with a new manual trigger) and rule works(first removed the lists).

There's no escaping reason, no denying purpose, for as we both know, without purpose we would not exist. It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us; it is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us. We are here because of you, Mr Elephant in the room.

Its fine....
Sofie_D
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I'm really liking the app, but I'm missing one feature. The ability to make the news, FAQ, etc. multilingual so all our employees can see it in their native language.

Is this a feature that is planned anytime soon? If not I'll look into adjusting this in the template myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I see on my "manually trigger a flow" trigger.

{
"location": {
"address": {
"city": {
"title": "City",
"type": "string",
}
},
"city"
]
},
"coordinates": {
"latitude": {
"title": "Latitude",
"type": "number",
}
},
"latitude"
]
}
}
}
},
"location"
]
}

Just delete the manual trigger and re-add a new one. Save and run. 😉

Yes it should be possible to bake, translations into it using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-microsoft-transl...

According to the documentation is its limited to 150 calls per user per day, so it should suffice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly tried that before and it wouldn't let me delete the button, just tried it again and it did! Honest! hahaha, thanks very much for your help. Working now. Yay!

Must of be browser related 😉 No worries - just glad wasn't something as silly as the run button being greyed out 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,628)