cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabolan
Power Apps
Power Apps

Crisis Communication solution feedback

On Monday afternoon, as news of COVID-19 cases spread globally, we pulled together a team to help customers coordinate their own information sharing and team collaboration in response to evolving conditions in times of crisis. Today, less than 48 hours later, we’re releasing the first version of that solution for any customer organization to quickly implement. You can read more about the solution in our blog post or get the full instructions for how you can implement your own Crisis Communication app here.

We're extremely excited to hear how the community leverages this app, so we've created this thread to hear directly from you. Feel free to share your experience customizing the solution and altering it for your own needs. Over the next few weeks, we'll take your responses to make the app even better and post incremental updates. 😁

276 REPLIES 276
martinkwright
Frequent Visitor

The tool is working with the exception of a few things. Right now.. my biggest issue is notifying users. The process errors out because a quota is reached. I am notifying 630 people of new news items. What can I do to increase my quota so that I don't error out? 

Annotation 2020-03-19 134417.png

@lburgess , Power Automate for Office should come with a Power Apps license or an Office license, so I would expect that y'all should also have a Power Automate license. If you don't have the license, then you can still use the other portions of the solution. You just won't be able to send notifications to users or the central crisis management team. You will also likely need to start a brief Power Automate trial to get the SharePoint lists added.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am unable to create an outlook connection when creating the app, I get the error: REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox. 

Any ideas?

Tracy

@Anonymous , unfortunately because this solutions relies on SharePoint lists to store the data, it requires an O365 license.

@himsoni85, if you choose to "Update" the existing app when you import the CrisisCommunication.zip file, it will maintain the same URL and sharing 🙂

@Anonymous , I think I figured it out. You'll want to...

1. go to the list of components

2. open FAQList

3. select FAQGallery

4. update the Items property so that it sorts by rank

@mrdang , we should make this change in the actual solution 

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.01.07 PM.png

I should have been more clear.  We have the basic Power Automate license which, I believe, limits the number of flows that can be  executed. Is that going to be an issue?

@lburgess , this solution only triggers a flow when a new request is made or when a news article is published. This should be a fraction of a percent of runs that come with the standard Office license 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mabolan
We do have O365, we just don't have Exchange Online for another 6 weeks (the project to upgrade from Exchange 2013/2016 is underway). Is there any way around this? We could really use an app like this right now even with partial functionality (e.g. without calendar)
Anonymous
Not applicable

W

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,084)