cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabolan
Power Apps
Power Apps

Crisis Communication solution feedback

On Monday afternoon, as news of COVID-19 cases spread globally, we pulled together a team to help customers coordinate their own information sharing and team collaboration in response to evolving conditions in times of crisis. Today, less than 48 hours later, we’re releasing the first version of that solution for any customer organization to quickly implement. You can read more about the solution in our blog post or get the full instructions for how you can implement your own Crisis Communication app here.

We're extremely excited to hear how the community leverages this app, so we've created this thread to hear directly from you. Feel free to share your experience customizing the solution and altering it for your own needs. Over the next few weeks, we'll take your responses to make the app even better and post incremental updates. 😁

274 REPLIES 274

@vincenzos1984 I think thats by design.

Hi edwand,

When you open the app in edit mode, you can upload the icon by clicking on File > Media > Images > Browse Images

Capture2.JPG

Then in the app itself, you add the third 'in the office' status on the Work Status Screen.OnVisible property. You just copy the section for 'Out of the Office' and paste it, then make adjustments for the new status you want to add (incl specifying the icon):

Capture1.JPG

Hi DSKr

I think you can adjust the icons and naming conventions for the landing page tiles here: 

Capture3.JPG

samhegartyunsw1
Helper I
Helper I

We are trying to upload the app to Teams and it works fine locally but not when we try to upload it as an admin. It appears in the store as a custom app for everyone, but it doesn't appear in the search for the app when trying to pin it. It also doesn't appear inside the manage apps part of the Teams admin center.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any insights?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this blog and detailed video on how to deploy it. I got it deployed onto one of my instances I have access to. It works fine, but push notification flow has been failing.

Flow Name: Notify users on new crisis communication news

Case Email step is failing. It gives below errors.

Parameter "To" cannot be Null or Empty

Any ideas on what could be the issue ?

the problem is that, if it's not connected it don't send notification through teams

vincenzos1984
Helper II
Helper II

hi have installed the last version V2.20200325 of microsoft crisis comunication - the problem is that the comunication.request flow dont' work infact it's not connected.i have try to redone all the connection but nothing, reinstalled 5 times the app but nothing happend. please help me

MLCarter1976
Frequent Visitor

I am stuck on the PowerApps Import setup.  It says "no connection" yet when I click Create new, I see a SharePoint connector already exists.  I don't know how to "associate" that with the system.  I closed out and went back in and I am trying to select during import; NOT using GCC.  I added a OneDrive for Business connector, that didn't show up (just testing).  I click Refresh list, yet nothing.

Not sure how to get this working.  So far I created the site and the flow and was excited.  Now frustrated.

Thanks @DanielaHo !  That worked perfectly!

@MLCarter1976 , to connect your SharePoint site to the Power Apps app, you'll need to import the app before opening the app in edit mode where you can then delete and replace the lists with the SharePoint lists that you created as part of the previous steps. If you have time, watch the entire deployment video to see an overview of all of the steps before starting 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,627)