Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Some questions / issues

Hi @Merel 

Notes:

I think you're on a previous version of the app; the current version has a fix for auto-reply. You can download the latest CrisisCommunicationPackage.zip, extract, and import the parts of it that you need (CrisisCommunication.zip in this case).

Can you share more about what you mean by scrolling through the news screens?

Yes, you can add and revise colNav collection. For that matter there are configurations you can change in OnStart of the App and OnVisible of the first screen. Please be advised that if you have already changed these, you may want to copy them to a text editor before importing a new version of the app. Then copy parts of it back after reviewing changes.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Crisis Communication solution feedback

@Mr-Dang-MSFT 

I previously posted about the scrolling issue, but it went unanswered.

(see here)

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Crisis-Communication-solution-feedback/m-p/4...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Crisis Communication solution feedback - FAQ SORT

Thank you so much for making this available. We have corporately implemented and have all functions working, a single point for communication and accurate information on our work from home resources. 

We have only had one issue so far. The sort order on the FAQ's does not seem to change no matter what rank we give the items. It always displays them in the order they were created. Is there a quick fix to address sorting on the FAQ's?

Thanks Again! 

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @martinkwright,

I placed a second FAQ component in the app for organizations that group their FAQs. I have not documented this extension yet.

The component requires columns for Category (string) and Order (integer) on top of the existing FAQ schema.

The component automatically appears when the Category field is filled in (at least once). Then it sorts the FAQ alphabetically by category. Within each category, the FAQ items are sorted by Order from least to greatest and with blanks values for Order appearing at the bottom.

So if you include the Category and Order columns, this will light up for you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Mr-Dang-MSFT for your reply.

I have added the columns to the FAQ Sharepoint list. I think this is what you were telling me to do. Then what.... Sorry.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @MartynSibbald ,

I have reported the bug. In the most recent version of the app, we've switched to scrollbars on the horizontal galleries. 

You can choose to override this behavior as well:

https://github.com/microsoft/powerapps-tools/issues/117#issuecomment-599947788

Highlighted

Hey, 

Great app. 

1 - How do we import different icons?  The Two available are :

• cc_icon_oof
  • cc_icon_home 

2 - being able to select date range rather then selecting each individual day/date. 

We're trying to track employee who have been diagnosed as to know when they are likely to be feeling better and/or can come back to the office without being a risk to other employees. 

Cheers, 

A

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@martinkwright , I forgot to say this only applies to versions of the app since 2020-03-12.

You may need to remove the SharePoint list from Power Apps and re-add it. Save and publish the app. And it will just work (assuming you have the latest version and the columns for Category and Order are filled in).

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I installed and set up on Monday @Mr-Dang-MSFT . I thought I had the latest version. Sharepoint List has been updated to include Category and Order. I populated them with data. A single Category with the same name "Corporate" and I assigned and order to them. I then as recommended deleted the CI_FAQ datasource, readded, then republished. No luck. Still sorts based on ID vs "Order" or "Rank."

2 Questions,

Where would I see if the component is activating? Crisis Communication APP & The Admin APP? Would there be a new way on the admin app to add category and order? 

Is there a way to grab the latest app and upload w/o going through the entire set instructions? Just the Power APP's I suppose if the rest of the data structures and connections remain.

Thanks again for your help in the time of need for crisis comms! 

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @martinkwright ,

Here's a quick fix:

1. In the tree view, switch from Screens to Components view.

image.png

2. Select the FAQList from the tree view.

image.png

3. Choose the FAQs property with the property drop down in the top left.

image.png

4. Expand the formula bar and include a line for Rank.

Table(
    {
        ID: 0,
        Title: "",
        Answer: "",
        Deprecated: false
    }
)

5. Select FAQGallery from the tree view.

6. Change the Items property of FAQGallery to:

Sort(
    Search(
        FAQList.FAQs,
        txtSearchFAQ.Text,
        "Title",
        "Answer"
    ),
    Rank
)

7. In the tree view, switch from the Components view back to Screens view.

8. Select the FAQ Screen. Select the FAQList component (FAQList_1)

9. Revise the FAQs proprety of FAQList_1 to colFAQ again. (It clears when you change the table's schema).

image.png

10. Save and publish.

The existing component will now sort by Rank and you will not need the other component for sorting by category and order. Apologies for making you change course here. I'll be applying this to the next deployment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,306)