cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Crisis Communication solution feedback

Hi everyone, firstly thank very much for setting up this app and deploying with it such comprehensive guidance so quickly. This is the first power app template I have been able to deploy successfully! You have all done a great job! 👍

As you may have guessed from the above statement, I am very new to Power Apps etc. and would appreciate some support to make a minor tweak to make the app work for my company/office as we have a lot of staff and I would like to make this specific to 1 office initially. 

For example, the 'Share Status' feature appears to use a list of frequent/recent contacts for the people picker. How can I update this to display a defined list of people/group?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Crisis Communication solution feedback - Location Services stopped mobile app working

Hello,

I just updated the Power App to allow location updates and now the mobile app will not load? The browser version still works however it is still not showing location details. 

I followed the guidance on the below section of the setup website to enable the location updates, and gave my app/browser permission to use my location, but it is still not populating lat or long in the SP list?

Optional: Enable location updates (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/samp... 

Many thanks in advance for any help. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT 

The issue has been resolved with he update.  Thank you very much!

Highlighted

Thanks for solution. After pasting the code from the documentation , the Date Range Screen, btnDateRange button does nothing and the Advanced, Action, OnSelect dialogue has red cross indicating "Invalid argment type".

Also when using the admin app and trying to add Links, the create new link button returns "no data sources provided".

We're two fixes away from a perfectly working app.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Really love this app, first one I have built.
Having updated to new version the only problem I have is having selected working status, when it tries to update my out of office emails, “ it fails to update status”. Assuming I’e overlooked something.
Also would be great if there were more options for working status
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT!  I've used the latest version, but unfortunately I still experience the same issue as @Maalbers . Could you help out further?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey Team

So I spent the majority of the weekend working on deploying the crisis communication powerApps.

Some Learnings

1. be very careful of permissions. as you deploy using the instructions on the Blog be very careful of the permissions assigned to the SharePoint site as that can cause you a lot of headaches.

2. I managed to also build the bot using power Virtual Agents and it was quite seamless but still working on adding more skills to the bot and integrate to other parts of the power platform.

3. I am exploring using Kaizala to support first-line workers scenarios 

happy to get any feedback on more creative ways to build a wholesome platform 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is a great app and helped me as I'm not an expert in any one of these apps.

However, how do you add an option within the "Share Status"? We have a small amount of staff who are still in the office and would like to accurately share that. I can see the choices in the SharePoint List, but how do I then make all the changes up to the app for that to show?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

World News scrolling does not work initially...

Steps

1- Load User Portal in a browser

2- Click on World News 

3- Click on the right arrow to advance the horizontal scrolling to the next news item (does not work)

4- Click on Company News

5- Click on World News (scrolling now works)

Not sure if it is specific to the World News RSS feed I am using 

https://www.google.com/alerts/feeds/03057529348704749781/13658012976728132653

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Lisajo, Did you delete and replace all of the SharePoint lists and document libraries? This can happen if the apps is still pointing to the original SharePoint list location.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,439)