Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddlamb
Advocate II
Advocate II

Cross - Tenant PowerApps with one central SharePoint online list as datasource

Hi,

we are planning to have 3 Office365 Tenants in our company-group (don't ask why ...).

One tenant could be the central repository for several informations ... f.e. one Sharepoint List that contains data that should be consumed by PowerApps from all the other tenants. 

Do I need to copy the Sharepoint list to all the other tenants or is there an elegant way of a connection between a PowerApp in tenant 1 with a Sharepoint List in tenant 2?

Maybe through external sharing or stuff like that?

thanks guys

5 REPLIES 5
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ddlamb,

Please review the following page for PowerApps license in your organization:

Manage license in your org

Quoted:

"

If I have multiple domains, can I control the Office 365 tenant that users are added to?

If you do nothing, a tenant is created for each user email domain and subdomain.

If you want all users to be in the same tenant regardless of their email address extensions:

• Create a target tenant ahead of time or use an existing tenant. Add all the existing domains and subdomains that you want consolidated within that tenant. Then all the users with email addresses ending in those domains and subdomains automatically join the target tenant when they sign up.

"

If all the users have access to the single SharePoint online list, then there should be no issues for PowerApps to generate Apps based on the list.

For Apps, you may need to migrate it from one tenant into another through the following guide:

Migrate App between environment and tenant

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks!

Neither the licenses nor the migration/copy of PowerApps is the problem.

The situation is a company divided into 3 or more Office365 tenants.

One user only belongs to one tenant.

-> One tenant contains sharepoint lists, that shall be consumed by users of all 3 tenants.

For sure:

Sharepoint lists can be copied to all tenants, but that makes no sense!

-> The question is, would it be possible to build a PowerApp in tenant B and consume data from a sharepoint list in tenant A?

regards,

Dieter

Anonymous
Not applicable

adding in @EvanChakiMSFT to review and assist with this. 

@Anonymous

I think the tricky part is the sharing and access to the other SP lists.  Because they are in different 365 orgs you will not be able to pass over a users AAD access to the next Org in order to get authenicated to read that other SPO list.

gmaasz
Resolver I
Resolver I

So there is no solution for this yet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,697)