cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaledhikmat
Advocate III
Advocate III

Custom API Swagger File Update

Hi, is there a way to update an existing custom API swagger definition? The only option I see is to delete and re-create!

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

We understand your frustration that have to re-connect the custom APIs in all the existing Apps/flows after updating an API definition. However, the current situtaion is by design. My suggestion is to submit your idea in the PowerApps idea forum here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Or you can submit feedback as Wendy suggested. The purpose for this is to notice our production team about your concern, so they would be able to put all the feedback into consideration in the further release. Thanks for your understanding and help.

Best Regards,

Reken Liu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WendyLi
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

The safe way to update a Json/Swagger file would be to delete the connection and add a new one, it is by design.

If you want to update an existing Swagger file, I suggest you submit a feedback from PowerApps studio.

You can submit a feedback via the smile icon in the below:

smile.PNG

Thanks,

Wendy

Hi, thank you for your reply! Ok....but when we delete an active connection, it does affect the apps/flows that use it. So does this mean that I have to go around and re-do the connection on all my apps/flows? I am not sure I understand the motive for designing it this way! Thanks.

Hi,

We understand your frustration that have to re-connect the custom APIs in all the existing Apps/flows after updating an API definition. However, the current situtaion is by design. My suggestion is to submit your idea in the PowerApps idea forum here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Or you can submit feedback as Wendy suggested. The purpose for this is to notice our production team about your concern, so they would be able to put all the feedback into consideration in the further release. Thanks for your understanding and help.

Best Regards,

Reken Liu

View solution in original post

Ok...will do. Thank you for your explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,757)