cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Custom Card format issues

If I go to my .xlsx table that my data is connected to and change the format of a column to 'Number' rather than 'General', my forms will all return errors such as:

Invalid value '100' for field 'xyz', expected a number.

I cannot find where in the advanced fields where I can specify the format of the card output when the form is submitted. Is there a way to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Custom Card format issues

You could switch the TextInput  control format property to number instead of Text.

"

Format – Whether the user input is restricted to numbers only or can be any text

"

Further, we may switch the string format into number by Value function,  under the DataCard Update property, switch the formula as below:

Value(DataCardValue.Text)

Which should convert the string into Number.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Custom Card format issues

It didn't work. I should mention I'm using a "Rating" control card

I switched the Update field to

Value(Rating.Value)

It makes zero sense why this wouldn't work but it's still returning "Invalid value '3', expecting a number"

Edit: It didn't work for a standard text box input control card either. It works if I save the column type in the table as 'General' but the formatting seems to constantly switch around.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,044)