cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

Custom Connector: API key for all users?

Dear all

I have created a Dataverse for Teams environment that has a custom connector. The API requires a subscription key which I've added. 

When other users start my app with the custom connector, they are being asked to enter the API key. If they don't do that, they can't proceed. Since I added the API key to the connection, this question doesn't show up on my account.

How can I configure it in a way that I can define the API key for all users and they won't be prompted?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FabianAckeret
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mrQ 

Unfortunately, you can only bypass consents for 1st party connectors. If you created your own connector, users of the app always need to give their own consent.

However, you might be able to share your connection (not the connector) with selected users of your organization. This way they will use the API key that you already entered for your connection. Meaning, your users are not going to be prompted for the key, but they are still asked to "sign in".

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

A possible solution could also be to remove the subscription key... I'd just appreciate if someone could let me know what my options are.

For testing purposes I even removed the API key, but when users start the app they still need to click on the Sign in button... the only difference is now that they just don't need to type in a key anymore. 

This even shows up when I configure to bypass the consent for all users.

FabianAckeret
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mrQ 

Unfortunately, you can only bypass consents for 1st party connectors. If you created your own connector, users of the app always need to give their own consent.

However, you might be able to share your connection (not the connector) with selected users of your organization. This way they will use the API key that you already entered for your connection. Meaning, your users are not going to be prompted for the key, but they are still asked to "sign in".

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,117)